Access to Capital
VenComm, LLC is CFI’s “for-profit” venture capital and business development arm, enabling CFI to develop for-profit partnerships to (1) secure federal and state grants, (2) secure venture, debt and equity capital, (3) incubate CFI projects and initiatives; and (4) form or assist in the formation of start-up business ventures. VenComm also works directly with the U.S. Small Business Administration, under an MOU that provides access to a variety of products and services
VenComm provide members of CFI’s various Network with access to potential sources of capital, entrepreneurial assistance, and potential clients and partners, to support the growth of technology-based businesses. Recognizing the importance of the availability of the right type of funding at the right time in the commercialization lifecycle, VenComm provides access to a mix of private and public funding sources. These include:
- Proof of Concept Funds for early stage funding of academic research
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR)
- DoD TechMatch opportunities
- Texas Emerging Technology Fund (ETF)
- Angel Capital
- Venture Capital
- Corporate Venture Capital
- Corporate Debt & Equity Capital
- SBA Assistance
VenComm’s client services include:
- Assistance with corporate and executive mentoring.
- Assistance with identifying appropriate business development opportunities and networking introductions through the Center for Innovation’s relationships with key individuals and institutions within the business, technology, and research communities. These networking opportunities may be formal, informal, or organized events, depending on the nature and needs of the client.
- Assistance with the assessment of the client’s capital requirements, identification of and introductions to potential sources of investment capital and other funding sources.
- Assistance with identification of and introductions to individuals who could serve in key management positions or otherwise serve as business or technology advisors to the client.
- Assistance with identifying appropriate professional service providers in the financial, legal, accounting, marketing, and insurance industries.