Technology Challenge FAQ
TechComm Technology Challenge – Industry Seeking Innovation
Technology Challenges are designed to match industry needs for new products with technologies in the patent portfolio of our Innovation Network, which includes federal labs and universities. The program is based on the concept that “technology pull” is an effective and efficient way to identify and advance license and collaboration opportunities.
How it Works: We use a six step process to identify needs, create a challenge, seek responses, summarize results, and connect technology “Requestors” with technology providers (Responders). Requestors are TechComm Affiliates that are seeking new technologies or innovations to supplement their portfolio of new products or services. Responders come from our Innovation Network, which includes federal labs, universities, and corporate research facilities.
Features: A Technology Challenge request is made using a simple, standard form. The request is used to create a Challenge, which is distributed to hundreds of innovation resources. The request is anonymous, to help limit competitive concerns and reduce undesired direct contact from potential responders. Responses are compiled and provided in summary, easy to read format to Requestors.
- Simple, standard format requests
- Broad coverage of high-tech resources
- Quick access to hundreds of technology resources
- Consistent request and response format that includes key information
- Assistance closing deals after technologies are identified
Benefits: It is easy to initiate a Technology Challenge. The Challenge is transmitted to hundreds of innovation resources. The search is performed quickly, with limited staff effort. The process is designed to maximize your results while minimizing your efforts.
- Easy to initiate a search
- Quick and simple access to technologies from hundreds of innovation resources
- Faster technology searches
- Reduced staff resources needed to seek and respond to new technologies
- Reduced cost to perform searches
- Easy for labs to respond to Challenges
- Improved coverage of labs with different focus and expertise
- Faster review of candidate technologies.
- More efficient and effective innovation searches.